Friday 21 August 2015

DDS60

Finally got to spend some time in the shack today, so I built the DDS 60 board that will be part of the SNA kit I bought from Midnight Design Solutions. Should be able to continue with that part of the project this weekend and hopefully finish early next week.  I plan to get back to the Lets build Something project this weekend as well.

The DDS board went well. Had 4 smd's go flying and 2 were a little interesting to find.  But find them I did.  I started off installing the AD9851 chip first.  Might as well get the hard one out of the way.  Messed up the alignment a little at first but corrected it and then did the solder it all and wick off the excess.  Worked really well.  This board does have me thinking I really should look for a finer tip for smt components.  Especially the IC's.

73, Peter
ve3poa


No comments:

Post a Comment