Wednesday 22 June 2016

A Great Day in the Shack with my LBS Rig.



This has being one long project and this is just to get it working.  I want to eventually get around to modifying some of the boards in order to learn in greater detail the various circuits. Eventually put it into a case and go from there.

Somehow I finally have been able to adjust and minimize the carrier, get rid of the noise on tx and adjust the various tx levels to the point where I can put a decent signal on the air.  At least I think it’s a decent signal.  Here is a link to an audio file of the transmission I did an hour ago:


I backed off the mic at around the count of 10 and the audio clears up. There was some background noise in both the shack and outside where the KX3 was located to receive the LBS signal. I’ll do another recording later keeping the background noise in mind. I’m sure I still have some tweaking to do but at least I can now move forward.

As well I’m not completely comfortable yet with the carrier adjustment, but I was able to substantially reduce it and will make some more accurate measurements. In fact measurements all the way round.  I started a document to capture schematics, build notes etc, but got away from it with all the issues I was having.

So it’s looking like I might be able to give the rig a go during field day. Great day in the shack.

73, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment