Friday 13 January 2017

Up next on the bench is going to be a measurement receiver. I've decided that life is too short for the 9850 board right now and will regroup later on the project. I have a couple of ideas but I want to get going on the measurement receiver.

The latest firmware for my SNA has the added functionality of a spectrum analyzer and the measurement receiver is required to facilitate that functionality. This will be a great addition and something lacking in the shack.

Originally I was going to produce my own boards, but when I found out Jim, N5IB, had a couple of boards still available, I decided that time would be better spent on other endeavors and use the ones he had from the original run.

I have some parts on hand and some on order from eBay and Digikey. So it will likely be another 3 weeks before all the parts are on hand but I can get started pretty much right away.

Jerry, W5JH designed this project based on information in EMRFD.  Should be interesting to look through EMRFD and see the basis of the project.

Here's the schematic and pictures of the 2 boards:




73, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment