Saturday 12 May 2018

Dayton and Four Days In May


Off to Dayton and FDIM next week.  Can’t wait as I’m planning to spend some of the kids inheritance and purchase the Siglent Spectrum Analyzer. Looking at the SSA3021X model.  Also on the list are some attenuators, patch cables, solder rework station and who knows what else.  But I’ll know when I see it.

Looking forward to this years FDIM.  Action packed with all kinds of time to mingle with fellow homebrewers and talk to the elite of the hobby. At club night I will be showing off the SNA project that we had worked on with my fellow Peel Amateur Radio Homebrew Group buddies over the past year. This should be fun talking to the homebrew community about our project.

I’ll be participating in the buildathon as well and the project is a 4 port return loss bridge.  I don’t really need another bridge, but the SNA project has shown that there can be different results between different bridges and so far I think the 4 port type might prove to be the most accurate. Now I also believe I’m splitting hairs here as the differences while small, are none the less different.

So hopefully back to the bench in a couple of weeks fully energized from Dayton and FDIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment