Saturday 18 January 2020

Nano Controlled Step Attenuator Pt 2

Finished the project today. At least as far as getting the board to work. Still need to think about how I'm going to package it up.

I did a quick scan of the attenuator from 1Hz to 2gHz and looks to be pretty flat . But I'm not all that interested in such high frequencies so I concentrated 1Hz to 50mHz.

There is about a 2.5dB insertion loss and stepping through at 10dB steps up to 60dB shows a linear plot of 2.8dB on top of the dialed in attenuation. In other words, add 2.8dB to the dialed in setting. Exception however was found at 50mHz where it was 2.4dB.

I think I'll adjust the code in order to take into account the insertion loss so what you see is what you get. No need to do math in the head, as easy as it is. I'm sure I'll be busy concentrating on other things while using the attenuator.

1 comment:

  1. I just updated the code for the step attenuator to allow display of ither the rlative attenuation or the actual inserton loss of the attenuator. Did a quick update post on the blog code is at
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwy52lqi0g0ms7g/AAChK1tqW8M4hmUUf_dutwP2a?dl=0
    DuWayne

    ReplyDelete