Monday 15 February 2016

LBS Pre Amplifier

Spent all day on this board.  Works much better than the breadboard version. However its still not good enough.

I can hear signals down into the -80dbm area now where as previously I was in the -50 range.  The amp comes up to almost the same level as the existing Rx bilateral amplifier.  So we are getting closer.

The previous booster amp that I used had an output transformer with 10 turns for both the primary and secondary. I'd like to try this out in LT Spice, but I'm having trouble getting a J310 spice model and I'm not sure how true to the 310 is the one model presently in spice.

This amplifier uses 16T for the primary and 2 for the secondary.  So increasing the turns on the secondary should boost the output somewhat and may even be a better match for the next stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment