Tuesday 27 October 2015

Crystal Filter Bilateral Amplifier Board

Finally finished drafting up the board and etched it this afternoon.  It's interesting, spoken sarcastically that is, as I think I'm getting a handle on using KiCad and then problems present that were not an issue with previous boards. In this case, connecting the grounds to the ground plane.  The work around was easy enough though somewhat messy.  Looking at the board if you see something strange, its likely where I did my connections as I couldn't be bothered wasting more time to figure it out. It all became time consuming in the end as I went through the board several times applying ground connections I would discover something that needed to be changed.  This in turn would make me delete the connections after the new changes, reapply the fill fore the ground plane and redo the grounds.

Another problem I'm having with KiCad is the modifying or developing a new component or footprint and saving it.  Life is becoming to short to figure this one out.  Maybe next week I'll change my mind.

Anyway I'm getting better at developing boards as far as what will work and what areas to be careful with.  Overriding the Electrical Rules Check (ERC) function has being a blessing, but I'm sure it may have been causing me headaches in other areas. As mentioned above.

Here's my latest board and I should be able to get around to populating later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment