Tuesday 6 October 2015

Xtall Filter Bilateral Amplifier - part 2

Quickly put together an amplifier to test the output circuit of the xtal filter thereby bypassing the last stage amplifier and see if things clear up. Well, sort of.  The signal clears up alright, but the amplification does not.  Below is a picture of the setup for reference. Maybe I've missed something, but I can't think of what? If I've made a mistake in the circuit, I've done it twice and I'd like to think that's unlikely.

I'll need to take a step back for a few days with this circuit as I need to fix my antenna and get ready for my tower/antenna installation this Friday.  Hopefully others will have some data soon with their boards to report on.

70mv is the input to the first stage amplifier. B trace is the input to the final amplifier at 800mv and the A trace at 300mv is the output.

I'm getting pretty good at building complicated attenuators.

73, Peter


3 comments:

  1. Getting better, are you driving with the SI5351 generator with the amplifier or using something different? I'm thinking the drive has to be somewhat higher. Bump it up to 7db and check for smoke.

    73, Gord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm using a signal generator. Setting the output to 7dbm didn't make a difference. At least not in a positive manner. Lot more distortion in the earlier stages but gets kinda cleaned up.

      Delete
  2. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. best wireless bluetooth projector

    ReplyDelete