Sunday 31 January 2016

Change of Pace

It was time for a change to clear the head.  Having all kinds of trouble troubleshooting the LBS project. Measurements that don't make sense, circuits that did work appear not to  now or don't work all that well. Doubt in measurement techniques even the simplest part of a circuit things don't make sense.  Example, the crystal filter. Injecting a signal starting from the output end, going through the amplifier, successive stages of the 4 xtalls and then another amplifier, a signal is heard.  I may question the amount of signal lose thru the xtalls, but that's another issue for later. But the signal does not get thru the input capacitor. Seems a simple problem but not so as it turns out.  The cap is not shorted to ground or internally. I measured the capacitance with my AADD meter and it appears all's well. Yet the signal does not get thru the cap.  And on it goes. So, onto the next hobby for a day.

Lets make some beer.  I've been wanting to make some beer for quite a while now and over the last couple of months, I've purchased all the equipment. Well, I still need to go out and get the co2. I decided to not to bottle the beer and go to a draft system instead.

I had made a fair amount of beer of the years, but not in the 20 or so.  I was pretty much starting over again and it certainly felt that way preparing all the ingredients.  I steeped my own grains and cooked the batch for an hour on the stove. Someone nameless said I assaulted their sense of smell during the process, but I thought it smelt quite nice in the house.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. hihi.  Not many problems arose, but as in my adventures in electronics, a couple of oh ohs. 1, I put a little too much water in and the og is a little low. 2, put the yeast in and the temp may have been a little on the high side. And 3, over cracked the grains. 

I suspect and hope nothing major, as the batch is bubbling away quite nicely. Now if I can get a decent taste and as a bonus, since its an Irish stout, head on the final product. A homebrew solution to aid me in solving my other homebrew issues.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment