Friday 15 January 2016

PARC 50 LBS

Finished etching the Tx/Rx and Bypass relays board. Unfortunately I had to order some parts and will need to wait before I can populate the board however.

This gives me time to clear up some loose ends and to that end, I worked on the mic amp board. Calculated the dropping resistor for the bias on the mic circuit, adjusted the gain somewhat, but I'm not all that happy with the tone quality I was hearing from the mic through the audio amplifier. Is the issue in the amp and the mic circuit or just one area? Looks like a little reading up on tone circuits will be on the agenda.

Re did the layout again.  I think I have all the boards down in their final positions.  Below is a picture of all the boards including the latest relay board.

Preliminary adjustments to the finals went well. Mainly because I did not let out any smoke. Got nice and hot during the first power up, but everything survived.

To do list:
couple of connector decisions to be made
layout of the antenna connector position
power supply cable layouts
PTT cable
VFO and BFO cabling

That's pretty much it....I think. I'm positive once powered up after all the connections are made the list will grow.  But that's alright. How else will one learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment