Wednesday 27 January 2016

PARC 50 LBS 1st Final Version

1st Final version? Well this truly is a breadboard based project.  And to that end, I've designed it to be very adaptable to what ever improvements(?) I can come up with. This is why I built large, spaced out boards. So, this will be the layout to start with and pretty much marks the conclusion of the Lets Build Something project that was presented in QRP Quarterly by Pete Juliano, N6QW, and Ken Kuo, KK6FUT.

Along the way I expect to learn a great deal and end up with a solid understanding of the individual circuits involved in transceivers. Oh, and of course, lets not forget that the first contact is right up at the top of the list.  Even better would be a 2 way QSO with another LBS rig.

Still to complete and the last on the list is the tx/rx/bypass board located in the lower left area. I have 1 relay on hand and the other on order. Still a couple of weeks out for delivery, but you never know. I'll likely put in the 1 relay I have on hand now so I can continue with at least the ssb rx mode.

I've just finished up wiring the 12vdc supplies. I contemplated a couple of ways to distribute the 3 different categories, 12v constant, 12v on Tx and 12v on Rx. In the end even though it takes more wire, I ran each board back to a main distribution board.  Combining boards would reduce the mess and I don't think it would take much thought to reduce even further. However this style suits what I wanted to accomplish. I may regret all the molex connectors I installed, but 1 problem at a time.

Now to power it up. Always an adventure....even though I have previously powered up all the boards individually.  I think I'll admire for just a little longer first. hihi. Do not want to increase my status in the "I Let Out the Smoke Club" at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment