Monday 18 January 2016

Direct Conversion Mode for the LBS project

I decided to connect up the appropriate boards for the DC receiver mode.  Up until now I had only injected rf from a signal source and was happy with that.

Of course nothing has gone smoothly so far and the trend continued here as well.  I might add that all the issues (except for maybe 1 or 2) experienced were careless errors on my part.

For the DC mode setup here were my errors this time:

Grounding switch for the DC mode not wired correctly
BPF put in the wrong position
Fed the antenna into the output of the rf amplifier

Its a wonder I haven't let the smoke out at some point in the project.

Anyway I finally got it up and working.  I'm sure I'll be doing some changes, but I won't worry too much about the mods until the final version is all up and running.  For sure some audio work will need to be done.

Picture is the boards used for the DC mode.  RX amp, BPF, Mixer, DDS control, and not in the picture, audio amp.


No comments:

Post a Comment