Sunday 21 June 2015

The Father's day BPF

Can't spend a better Father's day than been taken out to the pub by your family and then going into the shack for the rest of the day.

Payed closer attention to the BPF board and still get toner not adhering to the copper in a few places.  Mainly in the ground plane areas.  At least the board is useable.  I spent a lot of time measuring the temperature on my laminator and it should be close enough to to work.  I took it apart to get right in at the rollers and measure the temperature. Next board I'll go back to it and forget the iron for now. Slowing down the speed would likely help, but I expect finding a gear may prove challenging.  If I can get some consistency with the heat part of the process, then I should be able to produce a better board.

Did some preliminary checks with the BPF  and it appears to be working ok.  Without a spectrum analyzer, its a little more involved to adjust and see how well the filter is behaving.

Enough building for today and hopefully my sma connectors and cables will arrive this week.  None of my boards have been etched to accommodate them properly but the next version boards will.


No comments:

Post a Comment