Monday 22 June 2015

Outside with the KX3

A little more variety today. Worked a little on my pcb technique and started working on a schematic for my transmitter pre drive, driver, and final amplifier board.  And took outside my new KX3 to have a go at loading up my dipole and play with the new rig.

Temporarily strung out the dipole and connected up to the rig. Tuned in on 40 for a cw station and practiced a little at about 13wpm.  Was not doing to bad until the mosquitoes started swarming in.  That certainly broke my concentration.  I'm a little rust at 13 but pleased non the less.  I think I can do 10wpm without too much of a problem.  Just need to keep practicing.

 Here's a picture and you can see my homemade ladderline leading into the KX3. The ATY seems to work quite well and tunes the antenna easily.  It does work a little at the lower end of the band, but considering the antenna is just draped over branches and balconies I'm not about to do anything to the antenna at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment