Wednesday 24 June 2015

Heathkit VTVM IM-28

I decided to put the very first kit I ever built back into service instead of leaving it on a shelf.  I built this kit when I was a teenager back around 1969.  I think it will come in handy making some adjustments watching a needle move instead of digital numbers bouncing around.

I replaced the old paper electrolytic capacitor, however I had trouble getting a 20mfd 150v, for a reasonable price, so I put in 2 10uf in parallel instead.  The old one is sitting on top and the news ones brown in colour, installed. Just need to go through the setups and adjustments and we are good to go.  A little reminder of my youth.  I wonder how many people still have their very first kit they built? In my case it was 46 years ago when I built it.

No comments:

Post a Comment