Wednesday 23 September 2015

Crystal Matching Jig

Finished the crystal matching jig today.  I placed the bnc connectors (hopefully) to line up with the sna.  Just need to wait for the adapters to arrive to make sure they line up.  The Altoids tin is flexible enough that if I'm off a tad it should match up ok.  If not then the cables will do.

Ordered today the bnc adapters and also rubber pads for feet on my projects.  Wish I could figure out everything I need at once.  Instead I seem to be ordering something every week. Mind you its like a birthday almost every week in the mailbox. hihi. 

Yesterday  some connectors arrived along with QEX and the day before QST.  Not a bad week at all.



 I hope to etch my new board for testing crystal filters soon.  I may have overly complicated it a little by making provisions for something more than a 4 pole filter.  But at least the layout is done. I'll think about making it just for 4 poles or not a little more before printing. I'm using a 20 pin IC socket to place 4 crystals spaced nicely and also 2 more for holding the toroid transformers. Sil sockets will be used for the capacitors.  

73, Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment