Friday 11 September 2015

SNA Project

Finally put the SNA together and the build was not to bad. My first go with the smd 805 size though. That proved quite interesting and after the first cap went on with no issue, I spent the next 10 minutes looking for the second one. Crawled all around on the floor and ended up finding it on the bench. In all I flicked about five parts. What I did notice however, they did not fly as far as the 1206's. I consider myself lucky as I found them all and if I did lose one, then I may have been stuck as my on-hand inventory is 1206 size.

I took a little more care with the 805's, using tweezers that I could control the pressure and not the self clamping ones I use with the 1206. As well I did not fiddle around to much once the part was one the board. I figure if I got it there, then don't press my luck. 

I'm part way through the setups, and so far so good. The regulators run a little hot, and I'm a little concerned once it is all in a case. Worry about it more later.

There is a lot in this instrument and I suspect a fair bit of reading.  I'll have to break down and print it all off I suppose.  Easier to read it outside with a beer before the weather turns.

First picture is a shot of the opening splash.  The 2nd shows the underside with the DDS 60 board installed and the 3rd, top side with the touchscreen removed.

73 for now, Peter






No comments:

Post a Comment