Wednesday 30 September 2015

Return Loss Bridge

Once the hole was dug for the tower I turned my attention to the antenna.  There was a little more work left to be done than I though, but we got it done.  Drill out the broken screws for the matching box cover, clean and assemble the radials and tighten lose joints etc.

I wanted to put the sna on it even though its still on the ground.  I know leaning up against a tree will have a detrimental effect, but still it should give some indication.  Once I had everything all set up I realized that I had to build a bridge.

So the the projects so far that were built due to an interest in crystal matching and crystal filters is as follows:

1, SNA
2, 20dbm attenuator
3, crystal matching jig
4, crystal filter jig
5, Return loss bridge

Not bad. 5 additional projects developed all due to the Let's build something project.

The board turned out much better than the last one so I'm encouraged.  Still some pitting, but nowhere near the same amount as last time.

73, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment