Sunday 13 September 2015

SNA Project

Finished putting the SNA together.  I ended up changing out 2 resistors and a cap that was suggested and parts were sent for their replacement, but I forgot to put them in. When I was having a little trouble with the setup and calibration routines, I remembered. Imagine that!!  Those routines went much smoother  and everything so far seems ok.  I'm not 100% sure that I am finished with the adjustments with the reference clock, but I'm getting there.

Built a 20db attenuator for one of the setup routines. One nice thing about have a good supply of components on hand is you can get close to the theoretical values and make up for the tolerances.  I was able to get just about bang on for the attenuator. Next up to build will be a crystal test jig. I'm now out of bnc connectors, but hopefully the ones I have on order arrive this week. They are due any day.

Maybe tomorrow Ill have a go at testing filters.  That should prove interesting.

73, Peter



No comments:

Post a Comment